Brought to you by Barnacle Bill's Marine Supply. (856) 785 9455

Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.


Reply
  Author   Comment  
ROCKSTAR

Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #1 
Well fellas if you've been following my other thread you know my EMM went out on my 2008 225 Etec.  I have a buddy that is selling me his EMM computer (Same part# as mine 586982) and I plan on loading all the injector coefficients myself.  I'm pretty handy with the software and I've installed and loaded a few replacement injectors and their coefficients in the past.

I guess my question is ... is their anything else I need to change in the EMM besides the injector coefficients?

Since his part number of his EMM is the same as mine ... that means it will work correctly right?

My EMM is completely dead so I can't get the old coefficients off of it.  Is there another way I can get them without going to the dealer?  Every injector still has it's tag on it.

Thanks for all your help guys ... in the other thread and in this one. 
olypopper

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,462
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm assuming you have Evinrude diagnostics.  If you read the help section within the software, there are QR readers that are known to work well with the program and I'd recommend you pick one of those up to read the tags on the injectors. 

If you have hooked up your engine to your diagnostics program before, then you will have had an .edf file stored automatically (engine data file) and can use that for programming the donor emm. 

__________________
"Never believe what you read on the internet"-Abraham Lincoln
ROCKSTAR

Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olypopper
I'm assuming you have Evinrude diagnostics.  If you read the help section within the software, there are QR readers that are known to work well with the program and I'd recommend you pick one of those up to read the tags on the injectors. 

If you have hooked up your engine to your diagnostics program before, then you will have had an .edf file stored automatically (engine data file) and can use that for programming the donor emm. 


Yes, I do have the Evinrude diagnostics.  I will have to check on my older laptop to see if it has the .edf file.  I'm a computer tech by trade so I go through laptops pretty quickly.  I know my dealer has it.
steelhead

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 4,097
Reply with quote  #4 
Don't burn all your bridges with your dealer, $200 would be standard price for No Start analysis.  He's just a small businessmen in a tough competitive outboard world.  Can't give away many freebies or he goes under.  BRP Evinrude and it's dealers get NO freebie incentives from the Canadian (home office) or US governments (where the E. is made),  the foreign manuf's get lots of financial support aka WELFARE from Japan (home office) and China (manuf plants).

Give him a call, use a business type personality approach and ask for file copies of what he has on your motor from his E. Diag software.  Tell him you are doing the work yourself, not taking it to another dealer

You may need him in the future for that emergency save a fun vacation trip part.

Boating is about fun but costs money

Do you have a battery bank 120v AC charging system on the boat?
EtecIdiot

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR
Well fellas if you've been following my other thread you know my EMM went out on my 2008 225 Etec.  I have a buddy that is selling me his EMM computer (Same part# as mine 586982) and I plan on loading all the injector coefficients myself.  I'm pretty handy with the software and I've installed and loaded a few replacement injectors and their coefficients in the past.

I guess my question is ... is their anything else I need to change in the EMM besides the injector coefficients?

Since his part number of his EMM is the same as mine ... that means it will work correctly right?

My EMM is completely dead so I can't get the old coefficients off of it.  Is there another way I can get them without going to the dealer?  Every injector still has it's tag on it.

Thanks for all your help guys ... in the other thread and in this one. 


Hey, were you able to successfully resolve this issue? I know I'm years late, but it'd be interesting to hear what happened here.
olypopper

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,462
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtecIdiot


Hey, were you able to successfully resolve this issue? I know I'm years late, but it'd be interesting to hear what happened here.


Please don’t resurrect old threads.

__________________
"Never believe what you read on the internet"-Abraham Lincoln
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Disclaimer: Activities and modifications described or displayed on this message board and it's pages may be potentially dangerous. E-TEC Owners Group along with Barnacle Bills Marine does not endorse or make any claims to their safety or performance. Be sure a trained E-TEC service technician performs all your service work.